How do I avoid scams on HouseMAXX or RentMAXX?
While most individuals who use HouseMAXX and RentMAXX have success with selling and renting, from time to time we do receive reports of people attempting to scam our users. It’s very important to use common sense online; here are some tips while using HouseMAXX and RentMAXX:
- Deal with people locally that you can meet – follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on HouseMAXX or RentMAXX.
- Never, ever wire funds via Western Union, Money grams, etc… Or any other wire service – it’s a scam.
- Fake cashier checks and money orders are common and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- HouseMAXX or RentMAXX is not involved in any rental transactions and does not handle leases, guarantee rental transactions, provide escrow services, or offer “buyer protection” or “seller certification”
- Never give out highly sensitive financial information (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
- Use common sense, if it is too good to be true, it probably is
Taking these simple precautions helps make HouseMAXX or RentMAXX safer for everyone. If you think you have been scammed file a police report with your local authorities and contact us.